MIRASYS VMS 9.5.4 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: 09.03.2023
Fixed: The file system data folder is renamed with the date and time when upgrading from V7 to V9, archiving the V7 file system and taking the new file system into use.
Fixed: Archive material playback no longer experiences lag when the Recorder File System is spread across multiple disks.
Fixed: Dahua EasyLPR shows all detected license plates.
• Mirasys VMS V9 is only available as a 64-bit version! A V9 Master Server (Management Server) can handle 32-bit V6 and V7 networked Servers and 64-bit V7, V8 and V9 servers.
• Mirasys VMS V7.3 and later Releases require Microsoft SQL Server Express or SQL Server Standard (or better) version 2014 when installing the system Master Server, or if the network VMS Servers use Mirasys VCA.
• Please also note that SQL Server 2014 requires .NET 3.5. And on Windows versions after Windows 7, .NET 3.5 must be turned on (enabled) in Control Panel as a Windows feature (not installed with a separate .NET 3.5 installer)! The "Full" Installer will automatically install the SQL Server Express 2019 or
upgrade an earlier SQL installation to 2019 on 64-bit systems.
• A 32-bit (x86) SQL Server Express 2008 version will not be upgraded to the 64-bit (x64) SQL Server Express 2014. Update SQL manually before updating from an old 32-bit V7 to the latest 64-bit version!
• The old "Spotter Mobile" does not support Apple iOS 11 or later versions on Apple iPhone or iPad devices. Use the newer "Spotter Seven" instead (requires Mirasys VMS V7 or later).
• Mirasys VMS V7 End-of-Life date was 31st of March 2021
V8 EOL notification
Effective on December 31st, 2022, Mirasys is announcing the End of Life or EOL of Mirasys VMS V8.
V8 EOS notification
Effective on March 31st, 2023, Mirasys is announcing the End of Support or EOS of Mirasys VMS V8. Mirasys reserves the right to discontinue providing support for the VMS V8 license on 31/03/2023. Mirasys Customer Service may consider providing support assistance for End of Support Software at an agreed-upon fee.
Notes on Upgrading to V9
• All earlier versions can be upgraded to V9.
• New version types Base, Pro, Enterprise and Enterprise Plus will help to reach different market segments.
• Version 9 will also contain a new user interface for the VCA configuration inside the System Manager.
• Should there be a problem with image scaling in Spotter V9 and part of the image is not shown on the screen, just go to Settings > Video > Video data format and enable RGB by clicking the radio button.
• Most VCA settings from V7 or V8 to V9 will be automatically converted but
have to be reviewed.
Free 12-month SMA
Free 12-month SMA offer for new licenses and licenses acquired until December 31st, 2023.
• Windows 10 IOT/Pro
• Windows 11(V9.4 or later)
• Windows Server 2016
• Windows Server 2019
• Windows Server 2022(since V9.5.0)
If you are interested in acquiring Mirasys solutions, get in touch with a Mirasys expert: email@example.com